The goal of RCM is to provide an incentives-based transparent budget model for the University of Arizona.
- Encouragement and reward for revenue generation and cost effectiveness;
- Alignment of authority and accountability at the local (unit) level;
- Greater transparency regarding sources and uses of resources;
- Greater flexibility — improved responsiveness to change;
- Enhanced ability to plan with a better sense of future resource flows.
RCM takes a University wide view, utilized a Steering Committee and Sub-Committees with wide representation across the University and a mandate that includes frequent and meaningful two-way communication.